Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Celebrating 5 months of Life

So, here is our little man, all of 5 months old. How did we celebrate his 5 month birthday? With an EEG, of course. Sean has had a couple seizures over the last 2 weeks and his pediatrician ordered an EEG to figure out what was going on. So, I dropped Leah off at a friend’s house and headed down to Galveston. Naturally, the last 2 weeks has been clear and mostly dry, but the day I have to drive 40 minutes to Galveston Island the weather is dark and pouring rain. Yech.

The EEG wasn’t the most pleasant experience of Sean’s short life. The technician drew marks all around his head with a black pencil, then scrubbed them, then stuck 20 electrodes on his tiny head with glue. Poor Sean, the calmest, happiest baby you’ll meet, screamed the whole time. I have never heard him scream before and it broke my heart. Then the tech wrapped his whole head in a bandage to secure the wires in place and he looked like a sad little baby with a head injury. Not unlike my brother Nathan after he slammed through the front windshield of a car.
Of course, this was just days after Barry had his own bike accident. Barry was jealous that Nathan's accident was in the newspaper, even though Barry got a ride home in a police car.
After another hour or so we were finally done. We headed back to get Leah and stayed to visit a bit with my sweet friend and her energetic son. A couple hours later we got a call saying Sean’s doctor reviewed the test and everything was normal. As far as Brad and I can figure, the 2 times Sean has had seizures he has also been overheated. So, our goal is to keep our little guy cool. Watching my son go through a seizure is a very scary thing that I do not ever want to repeat again. Needless to say, it’s been a rough couple weeks with this worrying my mind. I am very grateful that there doesn’t seem to be anything major wrong, we just need to be careful in this Texas heat, I guess.
Short sleeved pajamas!

All in all, I’m feeling very blessed with the wonderful family I have. My husband is so in love with our children, takes such wonderful care of all of us and treats me like a queen. My daughter is happy, affectionate, and funny. My son is such a sweet, loving little guy. Our parents have been very supportive and helpful while we try not to worry too much about something we can’t control. Every squeeze, kiss, giggle and smile is a reminder of how blessed I am.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the test came out normal. Scary to wait and wonder.

    Love you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete