Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

And we're back

February 10, 2013. That’s a long time between posts. I really do want to be more…consistent in my blogging so here’s to a new beginning. Today my sweet husband gave an incredible talk in church. He captivated the congregation with his charm and shared his well prepared study and insight into a beautiful topic – the Savior’s love. At one point he opened his soul and spoke about a very personal and spiritually intense experience he had. I was so proud of him for sharing so much. I know his faith is deep and firmly founded in Christ, and I was so happy that he was willing to go outside his comfort zone to share his testimony with others. I was a very proud wifey.

So, Brad does this thing with Leah where he’ll shake his finger at her and say, “Don’t overdo it,” and she shakes hers back and jabbers something in Leahese. Well, as Leah and I were sitting in the congregation listening to Brad, and he started going into the story that was pretty intense, Leah suddenly started shaking her finger at him and jabbering. I could just hear her saying, “Don’t overdo it, Daddy!” I couldn’t help laughing and tried to sober up because I didn’t want to distract Brad. It was pretty funny and we couldn’t wait to tell him about it when church was finished. He couldn’t wait to tell us that the first person to grab him after the meeting ended (and she rushed over there) didn’t want to congratulate him but to give a passionate plea against us circumcising our son. Not that we had mentioned that. To anyone. Ever. Poor Brad, spiritually drained from his talk, and pretty darn hungry to boot, could only say, “Uhm. Thank you for that,” and go on his way. We’ve had some good chuckles about it.

I’m signing off since I don’t want to overdo it. Leah and Brad make sure I keep that in mind lately. I will try to be back soon, though. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment