Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Funny Little Anecdote

My Doctrine and Covenants teacher from last winter semester, Brother Garr, is an absolute love. Whenever I run into him I get a big hug and questions about my job and classes. He's interested in my life and the things I do, which is one reason I love him so much. He absolutely loves sports and is slightly oblivious to the fact that not everyone else is as involved in sports events as he is.

Today I ran into him in the hallway at work and he asked excitedly, "Did you see the game on Friday?" I honestly don't even know what sport he was referring to and replied to the negative. He told me with great enthusiasm, "Utah lost!" I nodded my head and said, "That's," slight hestitation, "good...?" He was sweetly unaware of my ignorance, or just politely ignored it, and informed me that, yes, it is good, great in fact. I received well wishes for the day and headed back to work. It's funny how little moments with people you love can make you chuckle for days after.

Does anyone know what sport Brother Garr was referring to?

No comments:

Post a Comment